Inspired by Google for Entrepreneurs, the purpose of the Prosperity Week is to bring together all the relevant players of the industry (mentors, technical experts, established entrepreneurs, investors, sponsors & lenders) to advise you on creating a real company. Based on Google’s model, key activities in the Prosperity Week includes:
- Network: Network with other participants and friends, assess their expertise
- Discover: Choose your project from the glossary of problems, which you would aim to solve through a business. Pitch it to a group of participants with whom you would like to work, team up.
- Learn: Mentorship by coaches, technical experts, investors etc. on business modeling and solving problems.
- Get it done: Develop prototype product/ service, assess its demand, customer niche and implementation strategy.
- Start: Pitch it to investors (AP, angel investors etc.) for seed capital. Up to 2 ideas may get investments from AP.
- Minimum use of infrastructure – pertaining to lack of or week key economic infrastructure and services in marginalized areas, such as energy, information and communication technology (ICT) etc.
- Low skills in population – pertaining to educated but low skilled population having below par employable capacities.
- Challenging energy environment – relating to an unpredictable power supply.
By grooming the entrepreneurs through multiple stages, Prosperity Week serves as is an intensive clinic that focuses on all aspects of enterprise creation in Pakistan, taking into account the ground realities and challenging circumstances specifically in rural and peri-urban areas. Some of these preconditions may include: