Accelerate Prosperity (AP) concludes Stage-1 of Prosperity Cup 2017-18 on 24 November 2017.
Top 40 business ideas, selected from more than 500, went through AP’s first stage of tailored business incubation and mentoring sessions by more than 12 established national and local entrepreneurs and professionals from the corporate world.
Stage 1 revolved around business modelling and consisted of some of the key topics including (but not limited to):
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Taking Action, being fearless but informed, doing more with less, being obsessed with cash flow, loving challenge & welcoming change, listen/ recover quickly, focus on what matters
- Business Idea Appraisals: One-One shake down drills of start-up founders and their business ideas by mentors
- Frugal Innovation: Doing more with less, engaging and iterating, flexing your assets, creating sustainable solutions, shaping customer behavior, co-creating value with prosumers, making innovative friends, fostering a frugal culture
- Business Modeling: Knowing the basics of business modeling, bootstrapping, value proposition, business modelling.
- Idea Validation & Market Research: Tools for testing business assumptions on business problem, proposed solution, target customers, proposed delivery channels
- Milestone Setting: Milestone setting for next 6 months, 1 year and 3-5 years.