Accelerate Prosperity invites CV/Firm Profiles, Financial quotations inclusive of all (Taxes, Travel & Accommodation) from firms and/or individuals for Trainings & Mentoring Program on:
OPTIMIZATION THROUGH EFFECTIVE SALES & MARKETING FOR STARTUPS & SMALL BUSINESSES
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a part of new global initiative of the AKDN in Central and South Asia, which follows guidance from the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Board to develop more formal structures to catalyze enterprises within AKDN’s main area development programs, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. Through patient capital and tailored business advisory to startups and businesses, AP complements broader employment-related programs of AKF and draws significantly on technical expertise from the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s (AKFED) Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), and coordinates efforts with the AKDN’s financial institutions, the University of Central Asia and many other national partners.
AP’s approach combines financial and non-financial support, recognising that standalone business development services and traditional bank financing are inadequate to catalyse start-ups, grow small firms, and deliver job creation in fragile and emerging markets, particularly for marginalized groups in rural areas. The overall theory of change is that with improved business models, investment readiness along with tailored financing bundled with commercial and B2B linkages driven by the private sector, the supported businesses will be equipped to unlock private sector investments, sales and growth, leading to increased incomes and job creation.
PURPOSE OF CONSULTANCY
The overall purpose of the training and advisory is to design and deliver a tailored training and advisory program to enable businesses to improve their Sales & Marketing structure in a way that maximizes businesses sales & design as sales and marketing strategy which directly impact the bottom line of the company. The training will enable businesses to understand the importance of a good Sales & Marketing function and strategizing key Sales & Marketing function. The trainer and mentors would be expected to fully understand the profiles of the startups and existing businesses in AP’s portfolio while designing the training and pedagogy for delivery, and use best practices available in the market for startups and small businesses.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
The participants of the training will be expected to gain improved knowledge/ understanding about up to date practical concept and proven techniques that will help design and execute realistic marketing plans and sales strategies to meet their key Sales & Marketing needs, as an outcome of the training. The participants are expected to gain the following skills:
- Understand the Conceptual framework for Sales and Marketing;
- Design and Execute Effective Sales and Marketing Plan;
- Understand Essential Principles of Effective Marketing & Sales;
- Analyzing the marketing environment (SWOT Analysis, PEDSTEL Analysis, Customer Analysis, Competitors Analysis);
- Developing the Product that Sells
- Branding Products and Services
- Selecting the Right Price
- Making the Product Available to the Customers
- Trade terms, credit, discounts, minimum orders, wholesale / distribution;
- Acquire Proven Techniques & Tools to Generate Leads and Increase Sales;
- Conversion Techniques, Rapport Building Skills and Communication Strategies;
- Key account management, relationship development, negotiating, follow-up;
- Sales targets, framework and SMART objectives, key areas, hierarchy;
- Alternative communication and sales channels – Digital, telephone, mail, mobile;
- Sales training varieties and tools, training for various positions
Mini-lecture (25%), Discussion (20%), Exercise/ Practice (15%), Examples (15%), Mentoring (25%)
The course should use a problem-based methodology and case-study approach in order to engage participants actively in the learning process. Before each course, participants should be encouraged to share their understanding about the course topics and issues around it. During the course, the trainer acts as facilitator along with his team, using interactive learning methods to help participants to share their experiences and learn through participation in activities such as group discussions, case studies, and intense exercises/ practice sessions. The trainer is expected to deliver the course in a way that all participants are able to apply the knowledge gained, in applying/ executing comprehensive Sales & Marketing action plan on their business at the end of the training.
- Training on Sales & Marketing Delivered;
- Intense Practice Exercises/ Sessions Conducted;
- Exclusive Mentoring and Advisory on Sales & Marketing conducted;
- Action Plans for Sales & Marketing implementation developed;
- Examples, case studies and relevant templates shared.
By the end of the course, all businesses will engage in Action Planning using the Sales & Marketing planning tools given to them by the trainers. At the end of the training, all participants should set out a set of high-priority actions that are practical, realistic, and quick to generate positive impact within a pre-defined span of time.
- Startups: Businesses with less than 3 years of operations, both pre-revenue and post-revenue stages. Most of the entrepreneurs are doing business for the first time.
- Existing Small Businesses: Micro and small businesses with more than 3 years of operations, post-revenue stage. Most of these businesses are run informally and do not have documented processes and systems.
NATURE OF CONSULTANCY
- 2-3 full days of training (6-8 hours per day, including tea & lunch breaks)
- 1 for AP team
- 2 for proposed businesses
- Between 15 November – 15 December 2018. Specific dates TBD.
KEY CAPACITIES REQUIRED
The required capacities include:
- 1-2 Trainer
- 2-3 Mentors (entrepreneurs or corporate Sales & Marketing practitioners)
- 1-2 facilitators
Profile of the Trainer(s)
- An MBA from a reputed university;
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an established business/ corporation in a senior role in Sales, Marketing, Distribution and/ or Supply chain;
- A Sales & Marketing practitioner, with a demonstrated (at least 5-7 years) history of Sales & Marketing training and execution.
Profile of the Mentor(s)
- An entrepreneur with experience in setting up and growing a business, especially in challenging circumstances;
- An experience professional with significant experience in a corporation/ business in a senior role preferably in management and operations.
The participants’ learning results is assessed through the improved understanding of the trainees about key Sales & Marketing concepts, understanding its utility and execution methods. An improved understanding of the concepts and execution methods are assessed through the following scale (through pre-and post-training assessments). An average score of 70+ is considered of acceptable quality. Pre-and post-training assessments will be done by the AP team on the key topics and the intended outcomes mentioned in this TOR.
- 30% of the total value of consultancy service will be given as mobilization advance;
- 50% on the delivery of the training and its outputs mentioned above;
- 20% of the total value of consultancy will ONLY be given as the final payment if the average evaluation score is above 70. It is the exclusive responsibility of the trainer and his/ her team to achieve this score.
The interested individuals/companies can submit the soft copies of the detailed Profiles/CV’s of firms/Individuals along with financial quotations at the below email:
For any Questions/queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting quotations is WEDNESDAY – 17 October 2018, 11:59 PM
Accelerate Prosperity reserves the right to close the bid before the deadline as soon as it finds the suitable candidate and the minimum competition is ensured.