Accelerate Prosperity invites CV/Firm Profiles, Financial quotations inclusive of all (Taxes, Travel & Accommodation) from firms and/or individuals for Trainings & Mentoring Program on:
STRATEGIZING FOR GROWTH
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a part of new global initiative of the AKDN in Central and South Asia, which follows guidance from the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Board to develop more formal structures to catalyze enterprises within AKDN’s main area development programs, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. Through patient capital and tailored business advisory to startups and businesses, AP complements broader employment-related programs of AKF and draws significantly on technical expertise from the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s (AKFED) Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), and coordinates efforts with the AKDN’s financial institutions, the University of Central Asia and many other national partners.
AP’s approach combines financial and non-financial support, recognising that standalone business development services and traditional bank financing are inadequate to catalyse start-ups, grow small firms, and deliver job creation in fragile and emerging markets, particularly for marginalized groups in rural areas. The overall theory of change is that with improved business models, investment readiness along with tailored financing bundled with commercial and B2B linkages driven by the private sector, the supported businesses will be equipped to unlock private sector investments, sales and growth, leading to increased incomes and job creation.
PURPOSE OF CONSULTANCY
As a part of AP’s pre and post financing acceleration services to startups and existing businesses (small-sized), it aims to enable businesses to develop and/or improve their strategy for growth, and maximizing return on investments and impact.
The purpose of the consultancy is to design a comprehensive training and advisory program for select-startups and existing businesses to enable them to understand, outline, design and apply specific actions that they can maximize growth in their value and avoid common risks of failure and pitfalls. The training and tailored advisory will help businesses determine how best to create, build and maximize value by scaling existing markets, entering established markets or creating new markets through innovation and/or acquisitions.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
The participants of the training will be expected to gain improved knowledge/ understanding about the following growth strategies and its application:
- Growth through scaling up;
- Growth through entry to new markets;
- Growth through acquisition;
- Growth through innovation.
- Mini-lecture (30%), Discussion (15%), Exercise/ Practice (20%), Examples (20%), Mentoring (15%)
The course should use a case-study approach in order to engage participants actively in the learning process. Before each course, participants should be encouraged to share their understanding about the course topics and issues around it. During the course, the trainer acts as facilitator along with his team, using interactive learning methods to help participants to share their experiences and learn through participation in activities such as group discussions, case studies, and intense exercises/ practice sessions. The trainer is expected to deliver the course in a way that all participants are able to apply the knowledge gained, in applying/ executing comprehensive and high-quality corporate governance methods for small businesses at the end of the training.
- Training on Developing an Effective Growth Strategy Developed
- Intense Discussion on Utility of Developing Conducted through Examples/ Case Studies
- Practice Session on Developing Effective Growth Strategy Conducted
- Exclusive Mentoring and Advisory on Developing Effective Growth Strategy Developed
- Action Plans on Developing and Executing an Effective Growth Strategy for the Business Developed
- Giveaways Shared – Action Planning Templates, Examples of Effective Growth Strategies, Case Studies
By the end of the course, all businesses will engage in Action Planning using the tools given to them by the trainers. At the end of the training, all participants should set out a set of high-priority actions that are practical, realistic, and quick to generate positive impact within a pre-defined span of time.
- Startups: Businesses with less than 3 years of operations, both pre-revenue and post-revenue stages. Most of the entrepreneurs are doing business for the first time.
- Existing Small Businesses: Micro and small businesses with more than 3 years of operations, post-revenue stage. Most of these businesses are run informally and do not have documented processes and systems.
NATURE OF CONSULTANCY
- 1 AP Staff (6-8 hours per day, including tea & lunch breaks)
- 2 full days of training (6-8 hours per day, including tea & lunch breaks)
- Between 05th November – 05th December 2018. Specific dates TBD.
KEY CAPACITIES REQUIRED
The required capacities include:
- 1-2 Trainers
- 2-3 Mentors (entrepreneurs or corporate practitioners with experience in developing strategies esp. growth strategies)
- 1-2 facilitators
Profile of the Trainer(s)
- An MBA from a reputed university;
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an established business/ corporation in a senior role in management, strategy and/ or operations;
- A practitioner with a demonstrated (at least 5-7 years) history of strategy development training and execution.
Profile of the Mentor(s)
- An entrepreneur with experience in setting up and growing a business, especially in challenging circumstances;
- An experience professional with significant experience in a corporation/ business in a senior role preferably in strategy, management and operations.
The participants’ learning results is assessed through the improved understanding of the trainees about key concepts about the topic, understanding its utility and execution methods. An improved understanding of the concepts and execution methods are assessed through the following scale (through pre and post training assessments). An average score of 70+ is considered of acceptable quality. Pre and post training assessments will be done by the AP team on the key topics and the intended outcomes mentioned in this TOR.
- 30% of the total value of consultancy service will be given as mobilization advance;
- 50% on the delivery of the training and its outputs mentioned above;
- 20% of the total value of consultancy will ONLY be given as the final payment if the average evaluation score is above 70. It is the exclusive responsibility of the trainer and his/ her team to achieve this score.
The interested individuals/companies can submit the soft copies of the detailed Profiles/CV’s of firms/Individuals along with financial quotations at the below email:
For any Questions/queries: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting quotations is WEDNESDAY – 17 October 2018, 11:59 PM
Accelerate Prosperity reserves the right to close the bid before the deadline as soon as it finds the suitable candidate and the minimum competition is ensured.