Accelerate Prosperity, a new global initiative of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) invites quotations from qualified investment and due diligence consultants and/or firms.
The primary responsibility of Investment Consultant (individual or a firm) is to undertake the initial screening and complete due diligence of 20-22 startups and existing businesses. Investments will be in the form of equity, loan and/ or technical assistance support (or a convenient mix of it) which contributes to overall objectives of Accelerate Prosperity.
Key Tasks & Outputs
Project Development and Processing
– Undertake necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of select-equity investments, loans, guarantees and/ or TA, or other forms of assistance to be extended by Accelerate Prosperity.
– Develop detailed Information Memorandums (IMs) and Financial Models of 20-22 startups and existing businesses.
– Liaise with internal/ external legal counsel and ratify the investment proposals for all regulatory and compliance concerns;
– Assist Team Leader Investments & Operations in getting internal approvals for investment proposals from global executive director and investment committee.
– With the support of internal/ external legal counsel, ensure for all deals that appropriate legal documentation is successfully concluded in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion.
– Undertake the implementation and administration of select- private sector investments as well as TA components, ensuring compliance with required institutional and regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures of Accelerate Prosperity as well as agreed covenants and reporting requirements up to financing effectiveness.
Education Requirements (for Individual Consultants)
– Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in business administration, finance, or related fields. University degree in business administration, finance, or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
Relevant Experience (Both Individual Consultants & Firms)
– At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in private and finance sector, including hands-on experience in analyzing private sector investments, equity investments, undertaking due diligences, preparing investment proposals, credit risks, structuring investments and other debt products as well as equity transactions, associated legal documentation, negotiations, and closing transactions.
– At least 5-7 years of Investment research experience in Pakistan and/or abroad.
The interested companies can submit the scanned copies of the detailed CVs or profile of firms and financial quotations to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. and email@example.com. TORs of the assignment are available on the website: www.accelerateprosperity.org/pakistan.
The deadline for submitting quotations is Monday, 2nd April, 2018, 11:59 pm.
Accelerate Prosperity reserves the right to close the bid before the deadline as soon as it finds the suitable candidate and the minimum competition is ensured.