In 5 years’ time, the overall vision is for AP to be:
- The lead player in startup & SME ecosystem in target countries, especially for rural areas;
- The lead platform in target countries for context relevant business incubation, acceleration, crowd-funding, angel investing, start-up capital and mentorship;
- The lead generator of investment-ready SMEs for local and international investors in these geographies;
- The central place where female and male entrepreneurs seek expertise on startups, innovation, and private sector solutions;
- An advising body and partner for government, donors and development finance institutions (DFIs) such as the Overseas Private Investment Cooperation (OPIC) on SME-related issues;
- A facilitator of regional trade, through its AP entities in Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Kyrgyzstan and affiliated entrepreneurship program in India;
- A global leader on enterprise incubation and acceleration in fragile states, with a niche supporting youth and women entrepreneurs and SMEs that link rural and urban areas.